Blended Learning in Every Lesson:
- Enjoyment First
- Songs that you like and want to learn. Patient, positive & constructive feedback. A ‘mindfulness’ approach to lessons that’s all about focusing on the here and now.
- Communicating through music by thinking about the details – light & shade, phrasing etc. Playing together and moving beyond your instrument.
- Warm-up routines and specific exercises to help with particular techniques such as scales, arpeggios and broken chords.
- Music Theory
- The written language of music: reading notation, understanding pulse, rhythm & meter, keys, chords etc.
- Video link (Zoom) lessons available, live lesson notes online, showcasing students’ work, recording & playback.
I’ve taught music on a freelance basis for many years. and have been based in Skipton since 2012. I run my classes from a compact but fully equipped studio in my home, and have a portfolio of around 60-70 students on my books at any one time. I aim to make music lessons all about the student, planning each session around what that individual wants to achieve.