All music lessons will be booked online from 1st November 2021 onwards. Below is a guide to how you negotiate the online booking process and some relevant information.
- To get started, visit my booking page:
There are 4 options to choose from.
- Choose Option 1: If you / your child have a regular lesson at the same day and time each week or fortnight after school, on a Wednesday evening or on a Saturday morning.
- Choose Option 2: If you usually have your lessons during the weekday daytime before 4pm.
- Choose Option 3: If you would like to start lessons during the weekday daytimes.
- Choose Option 4: If you have a child who would like to start regular lessons. The slots after school are always really busy, so it’s likely that you will need to be added to my waiting list.
- To redeem a code, scroll down and press the ‘Redeem Coupon or Package’ button.
You may have been given a code to:
- Redeem a gift certificate
- Reduce the lesson cost down to a lower rate
- Compensate you for lessons that you have already paid for
As soon as you enter the code, you should see the price list below change accordingly.
- Click on your chosen lesson type.
- The top item is for new students only, to book their free initial sessions.
- There are then options for lessons for 30, 60 or 90 minute durations, and for in-person or Zoom.
- If you have a regular, pre-arranged slot, please stick to your normal duration.
- If you have lessons during the day, you can book whatever duration suits you. If you would like to book multiple lessons of different durations, you will need to do a separate transaction for each lesson type.
- Choose the date(s) and time(s) that you would like to book.
- You can book just one lesson, or pre-book multiple lessons up to 12 weeks in advance.
- Lessons can be booked up to 12 hours before the start time.
- If you are booking your pre-arranged slot (e.g. after school each Tuesday at 5pm), please ONLY BOOK THIS SLOT even if other slots look to be available.
- To book additional slots over and above your regular lesson time, use the ‘Flexi Lesson Slots’ option on the main booking page.
Selecting your lesson times:
- To book just 1 lesson:
- Click on one of the dates shown in bold on the calendar.
- Click on your chosen time.
- Click “Continue”.
- To book recurring lessons (at the same time and day each week):
- Click on the first date and time of the group you’d like to book.
- Click on “Recurring…”
- A menu appears allowing you to select weekly / fortnightly etc, and how many lessons you’d like to book.
- Click the “Add Recurring Times” button.
- A list of the dates and times you’ve booked appears beneath the calendar. If I am unavailable on any of the dates you will see these crossed out in red (the system will not charge you for them).
- Press the “Continue” button.
- To book multiple lessons on different days / times at irregular intervals:
- Choose your first date and time.
- Click “Add a Time…”
- You will see the appointment you just chose appear under the calendar.
- Repeat the steps above, choosing as many dates / times as you would like.
- When you’ve chosen the final slot you’d like to book, press “Continue”.
- Fill in the personal details form.
- If there’s nothing to pay, press the “Complete Appointment” button, and keep an eye on your emails for further info.
- If there’s a balance to pay, press the “Pay Now” button.
- If you register an account at the end of your first booking, you will not need to complete this stage again.
- The name at the top of the form refers to the student’s name. If you’re booking on behalf of a child, please enter your name in the ‘Parent / Guardian Name’ field.
- If you haven’t yet done so, you can enter a coupon code on this page (but there’s no need to do it again if you already entered it on the previous page).
- Complete the Secure Payment form.
- When you’re ready, push the “Pay and Confirm” button.
- The first and last name here refers to the card holder, so don’t forget to change it if the system has auto-completed it to read your child’s name.
- Leave the “Save this card for easier use in the future” box ticked if you would prefer not to have to enter your card details next time. Your card details will be stored securely by my payment transaction provider, Stripe. At no point do I or anyone else get access to your card details.
- At this stage, you are presented with a confirmation screen showing the booking(s) that you have made.
- Register for an account.
- Clicking the ‘Register for an Account’ button will prompt you to create a password. The system then saves some of your details securely to speed up the process for next time.
What you can expect next:
- An immediate emailing confirming your booking.
- I will also receive an email, and your appointment(s) will automatically appear in my calendar stopping anyone else from booking those dates / times.
- If you booked a Zoom lesson, this email will also contain the link to connect to the call.
- Another email 24 hours before the lesson.
- This will also contain any day-to-day information that I would like to communicate to you.
- An SMS text message 2 hours before the appointment is due to begin.
- This message is automatically generated and DOES NOT come from my mobile number. If you need to contact me, use my usual phone number (07746 637472). This is also given in the text message you will receive.
What if I need to cancel my lesson?
- Any lesson you have booked can easily be rescheduled by:
- Clicking on the link in your confirmation email
- Logging back on to the website
- Your appointments are listed in a green box.
- Lessons can be rescheduled up to 12 hours before the appointment.
- There is no option to cancel completely, and no refund will be given.
- If you are unable to make the appointment and you’re already within the 12 hour cut-off point, I’m afraid you will forfeit the lesson you booked.
What if Damian has to cancel at last minute?
- As you would expect, you will never pay for a lesson that I have had to cancel.
- In these circumstances, I will either:
- Liaise with you and manually reschedule the lesson for a later date.
- Provide you with a code to book your next lesson free of charge.