I am pleased to announce that I have recently signed a new contract with Yorkshire Payments / EVO to handle all my card transactions. They have provided me with a ‘Chip & PIN’ and contactless terminal. This should have a number of benefits for my students and their families:
- Payments for lessons can be carried out quickly and without fuss.
- Just like at the supermarket, you can pay for your block of lessons in just a few seconds.
- Single lessons can be paid for by simply touching my terminal with your bank card.
- All major debit and credit cards are accepted.
- The system is 100% secure.
- No card details are retained.
- You will be given a paper receipt for all but contactless transactions.
- Less time will be spent handling payments, meaning more time playing and singing!
Some parents send their child in with a bank card to make their lesson payments. If you are one of these, you should bear in mind that transactions above £30 need to be verified by PIN, or by door number / postcode. By far the easiest and quickest way for you to make a payment is
by popping in yourself at the beginning of the lesson to make the payment. But, if this isn’t possible, then you will need to supply me with your postcode and house number ahead of the lesson, so that I can manually enter the card details.
I hope that this new system makes paying for lessons much quicker and easier for the vast majority of my customers. Of course, I will be happy to answer any of your questions about it – just drop me an email.